Saturday 10 August 2013

Introduction

Hi, welcome to my new blog.  Now that our two daughters are adults, we (that's the husband and me) appear to have some free time to wander around a bit.  It is quite daunting, and more than a little strange at first, when you don't have to sort trips out around the nearest Burger King, baby changing area or tacky tourist shop but we are getting used to it and have a new found enjoyment for just walking, watching the wildlife and exploring our beautiful countryside. I have also challenged myself to walk 1000 miles during 2016.

There are so many places we would like to walk but we are fairly new to this and, coming from the flat Fens, we are very inexperienced in anything with even a slight incline and also anything more than 6 or 7 miles.  I am an amateur photographer so most of our walks are peppered with stops, we seem to just get a good pace on when my brilliant spotter husband spies something and I snap away.  It's also a big bonus if our walk ends near a coffee shop, cafe or pub!  This blog is, I guess, about walking for enjoyment, walking for fresh air and a little exercise and through it I will share our routes, our ideas and our thoughts on the walks - and of course a photo or two!

Please note that all views are our own.  It goes without saying you should dress appropriately for the walk and the weather, check all routes, charges, facilities, restrictions etc before you travel and please follow the Countyside Code.

Fen Farmland


1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Delphine, I am community developer UK at Visorando, a free, participative library of walks, outdoor GPS app, and community and I would like to contact the person in charge of copyright. By any chance is it possible to get an email or send me an email at delphine@visorando.com ?
    Enjoy your walks

    ReplyDelete